ERS8 is not currently accepting submissions. Check back later for more details.
Emerald Reels Super-8
Lounge (ERS8) seeks the best in undependent short cinema for
a series of Seattle screenings this spring. ERS8 explores the
combination of experimental, animated or creatively-narrative
short films complimented by the aural arrangements of a DJ or
live band. As such, most of the films that we screen are silent,
though we also will show pieces with sound-on-film at times.
The focus is squarely on the films. Though presented at Seattle's
the event is cinema in a nightclub, not nightclub in a cinema.
In the last four years, ERS8 has screened over 250 films to packed
audiences in Seattle, San Francisco, Telluride and Vancouver BC.
Submissions need to have been created using small gauge film.
Preference is given to contemporary works, although films may
have originated in any year. Typical length is 2 to 5 min per
movie, but we'll consider longer films as well. For screenings,
works must be compatible with super-8 or 16mm filmographic motion
imaging projection devices (i.e. sorry no video/dv). All care
and honor is given to original prints. Soundtracks mixed live
dj for KEXP
Overview of submission procedure:
- Complete our on-line Application
Form or email the cut & paste version.
- Print the application, if possible, to include with your film.
- Ship film or pre-view video to the below
(NOTE: a film print will be required for screenings)
- Provide image and synopsis in either digital or physical formats,
- Be sure to enclose return postage so we can
return your film.
- Filmmakers will be notified by email regarding
- Look for your film to be returned 6 to 8 weeks
after last screening.